At the recent CAGC Foundation’s Build Your Career Ambassador Summit meetings held earlier this month, the highly-anticipated toolkits and marketing resources were revealed. The new BYC toolkits contain a multitude of necessary resources designed to equip our volunteer Ambassadors with all the tools they need to successfully conduct construction-related outreach efforts in their local schools and communities.
Contents of the toolkit include:
• A step-by-step guide on scheduling and conducting class/school visits as part of our Contractors in the Classroom program
• A school visit and Career Fair “Easy as 1, 2, 3 Guide” checklists
• Comprehensive contact lists for NC and SC schools and Community/Technical Colleges
• A customizable construction industry overview PPT presentation
• Ambassador and Teacher post-visit feedback forms
• A pre-visit research activity for students
• Note-taking tools for students to use during Ambassador classroom presentations
• Sample ideas for project-based learning activities Ambassadors are encouraged to incorporate into their presentations
• A BYC Ambassador handbook
• CAGC District and NC/SC school locator maps
• Various BYC marketing materials available for download
• And SO much more!
These new resources were very well-received by the BYC Ambassadors who attended our Summit meetings, as well as our CAGC Board of Directors and Board of Trustees. Everyone was extremely excited to have access to these new tools and to begin using them as they promote construction career awareness in their respective areas to future generations of workers.
As our Ambassadors begin ramping up their outreach efforts all across the Carolinas, their feedback and the feedback of our educators and students will be instrumental in enabling us to continue streamlining and polishing these resources based on the ever-changing needs of our target audiences and the evolution of our industry. Revised and new resources will be made available as they are needed and will be accessible on the secure “Ambassador Resources” page of the new BYC website (CAGC member login credentials required to access). I will provide everyone with more details of updates or additions to current Ambassador resources in the May edition of the BYC “Workforce Windup” Newsletter (release date May 21, 2019).
For more information on the CAGC Foundation’s Build Your Career workforce development initiative, to volunteer to be a BYC Ambassador or inquire about the BYC toolkits, please visit our website at www.buildyourcareer.us/ or contact Program Director, Tammy Ford, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (704) 995-3901. To make a contribution to BYC, please visit our secure online donation portal, https://carolinasagc.givingfuel.com/byc-ambassador-fund.